Working at camp is an amazing experience, but it’s not for everyone. Do you have the right stuff to be a counselor? Here are just a few questions you should ask yourself before applying to work with us. (Hint: These are also the types of things we might discuss in an interview!)
- Can you put the needs of others before your own?
- Are you comfortable acting silly in front of others?
- Do you have a lot of patience?
- Can you stay unplugged (NO cell phone or iPod) for the whole work day?
- Do people often describe you as caring, honest, respectful, and responsible?
- Are you a hard worker?
- Do you genuinely enjoy spending time with children?
- Are you organized?
- Do you have lots of energy, and a great imagination?
Working as a camp counselor is hard work, but it is also very rewarding, and a whole lot of fun! If you think you have what it takes to be part of the Maple Key team, download our application form and send it to us with your resume. We look forward to meeting with you!