The interviews are the most important part of our hiring process for camp staff. This is when we really get a feel for who you are as an individual, and get an idea of how you might fit into our camp family. I know going to a job interview can be intimidating, but it is important to remember that we want you to do well, too. Good interviews are much more pleasant for everyone! Here are some tips for how you can prepare for your interview with us.
- Think carefully about why you want to work at camp. Camp is much more than a job for me, and I want to work with people who feel the same way. Be prepared to discuss why working at camp is a good fit for you.
- Please take the time to browse our website (if you are reading this, it’s a good sign!) and find out more about us before you come to the interview. Not only does it help you focus your answers to the questions we will ask, but it also helps you decide if you are a good fit for the type of program we run.
- If you have any questions about our camp, please feel free to write them down and bring them with you. I want to make sure you have all the information you need before you decide if you want to work with us.
- Be prepared and on time. There is no quicker way to set a bad impression than showing up late.
- Be ready to tell us (in detail!) about your previous experiences working with children.
- Most importantly, come prepared to show your personality. We are looking for outgoing, interesting, confident counselors.