Monday, February 18th is Family Day!
Here is your cheat sheet to what’s happening in and around Lanark County for the Family Day Weekend. Whatever you choose to do, have a great day with your kidlets!
Make Breakfast Together
I love baking with my kiddos! Here are two of my favourite breakfast recipes:
- Go Ice Fishing For Free – Ontarians can fish without buying a licence this Family Day weekend, February 16-18, as part of Family Fishing Weekend.
- Winterlude – Family Day is the last day!
Perth Civitan Winter Family Funday (Ice Fishing Derby, Skating) on Sunday, Feb 17
- Wolf Howl Fishing Derby on Saturday Feb 16 (Westport)
- February Frost Fest @ Ferguson Forest Centre (Sunday Feb 17)
Monday, Feb 18: Carleton Place Pool: Public Swims 1:00-2:30 pm, 6:30-8:00 pm
- Monday, Feb 18: Perth Pool: FREE Public “Beach Party” Swim 1:00-3:00pm
Visit a Sugar Bush
- Wheeler’s – go for a hike or snowshoe on one of their lovely trails; then you’ve really earned your pancakes! (And don’t forget to visit the animals, too)
- Fulton’s Pancake House – Horse drawn rides, musical entertainment and much more!
Go Skating / Watch Hockey
- Monday Feb 18: FREE Family Day skate at the Lanark Arena, 1:30 – 3:00 pm
- Monday Feb 18: FREE Family Day skate at the Perth Arena, 12:00 – 2 pm
- Monday Feb 18: Settlers Charity Hockey Game at the Smiths Falls Arena, 12:30 p.m. puck drop
Other Fun Stuff
- Carleton Place Comic Con – A fundraiser for the food bank. 9:30 am t0 4:30 pm at the Carleton Place Arena.
- Free Family Day @ Lower Reach Park (Smiths Falls) – wagon rides, face painting, colouring, cookie decorating 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Movie Weekend at Station Theatre
- Rideau Candy Shoppe’s 5th annual Candy Carnival
Looking for more ideas for family outings?
Check out the Perth/SF/CP Family Activity Map