Have you ever wondered how your favourite summer camp programmers would do Halloween? It’s time to find out!
MKDC has dreamed of running a Halloween event for years – and with this year’s Halloween on a Saturday, on a full moon, when social distancing has new importance – the perfect time is here!
Treat your family to a safe alternative (or addition) to door to door trick or treating. Join us for a haunted walk, followed by a trip through the haunted house and a candy treat bag for all the kiddos.
- This is a ticketed event, with families booking a specific time. Times will be staggered for a completely safe experience.
- Face masks are required while on site. Hand sanitizer will be provided on arrival.
- All paths have clearly marked one-way directions.
- While there will be some “characters” populating the woods, this is a “no touch” event and a minimum distance of 2 m will always be maintained.
- Afternoon (daylight) times as well as evening (more spooky) times are available.
How scary will it be?
This is a little bit tricky to answer as unfortunately there is no official scariness scale, and every kid is different in their tolerance level. We’ve provided some suggested ages here but the final decision is yours as a parent – we won’t be checking birth certificates.
Daytime Slots (2-5pm) – Due to the very nature of daylight, the daylight slots will be the least scary. Definitely spooky, but should be fine for kiddos aged 3 and up.
Early “After Dark” Slots (6-7:30) – We’ll keep this time frame a little tamer for our kiddos that want a good scare but still want to sleep at night. Suggested age 7+
Late-Night “After Dark” (7:30 – 9:00 pm) – This is where we crank it up so the older kiddos hopefully won’t think we’re lame. Suggested age 9+* Generally speaking, we’re aiming for spooky, not gross. So there will be lots of creatures and noises and lights, but not so many bloody body parts.